Tuesday, April 29, 2008

let me love you

It all started with a little girl,
Tears running down her cheeks
In a dark dark room
The feeling of being unloved, worthless
Washing over her


A voice reached out and called out to her
You are beautiful because I created you
I hold you in the palm of my hand,
You are precious in my eyes,
Let me love you
Let me love you


Sometimes in the stillness of the night
She still feels that same way,
But when the darkness seems to surround her
She remembers that same night


Where a voice reached out and called to her
Telling her she is beautiful, created in his very image
That she’s held secure in the palm of his hands
Precious in his eyes,
He will love her
He will love her

The years went by and she grew up,
Held safe and secure in his hands,
Loved by a savior king,
She found this little girl
Crying out in the darkness


And she said,
You are beautiful because you are created by a loving god,
He will hold you in the palm of his hands
You are precious in his eyes,
He will love you
He will love you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home