Wednesday, June 3, 2009

" you can save her" He told me,
I stared at her, my beautiful friend who was staring out at the windows blankly.
Maybe it would be more appropriate to say once beautiful friend.
She was so lively, so happy- bursting with joy.
He stared at me, hoping i would say yes,
hoping I would reach out my hand and pull out this drowning friend.
but i knew that i could not,
I could not repair the damage caused by someone else.
" No, I can't." I said sadly, " I can't"
" Dammit! your her best friend, will you abandon her like this?" He shouted angrily
" I can't because , i did not damage her, you did.
She loved- loves you you, but you took her heart, and every single part of her along with it and ripped it up,"
I told him with tears in my eyes
" and left her, this empty shell of who she is.
and now you want me to save her, bring back to life the girl you robbed of everything.
Well I can't. "
He wanted to scream at me, shake me.
" It's not like i haven't tried' i told him when i saw him shaking with anger.
" I have tried for as long as she has been with you,
I have tried to put back the bits and pieces of her that she has given to me over the years.
But it doesn't work that way.
You made her this, you and you alone.
Nothing anyone else does can save her until you realise what you have done.
And let her go."
This is all I can do for you, I told her silently, as I watched her stare at the scenery with those lifeless , blank eyes.
I hope it is enough for you to one day find the way back to life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home